The service critic

The service critic

Tuesday 15 March 2011

The Continental Shelf Deli & Café, Elanora, Gold coast, Queensland, Australia.

The Continental Shelf Deli & Café, at The Pines Shopping Centre, Elanora.

Service critic - in short

Toasted?


Service -  1/5
Ambience – 3/5
Quality of product – 2/5
Price – 3/5

Wheelchair access - yes
Position and outlook – shopping center
Parking - Close by
Amenities, bathrooms - Short walk



My children and I popped into this café for some lunch on Saturday. They offer counter service, so we lined up, and got served by a lady whom appeared flustered. She was direct and straight to the point, no smiles and certainly not welcoming.

We ordered some toasted sandwiches & shakes, The Pines shopping center was rather busy, and it was tricky finding an available table, we found one that was dirty and covered in dirty cups and plates. I understood that they were busy and assumed it would eventually get sorted out by the staff.

Now this is what amazes me, I sat and watched a staff member deliver coffees to the lady right beside me, and she walked back into the kitchen area empty handed. We continued to sit with the dirty setting, another staff member serves smoothies to the table on the other side of us, again, she returns to the kitchen empty handed.?????

The customer beside me, made a comment about how that sort of service annoyed her, and she insisted on taking the dirty plates and placing them on the now spare table beside her. Sweet lady!

Finally our food came out and the order was incorrect, the toasted sandwiches were looking a little sad, although the shakes were good.

So at this stage I can’t really say that I am very impressed. I will have to go back and try them again, when they are not so busy. Their window display did look nice with salads, Turkish bread sandwiches, and a selection of sweets.

Not hot and where's the onion and peper I ordered??


No comments:

Post a Comment